Scanning with the LifeSite Vault mobile app
- Place the document you want to scan on a flat surface, like a desk or table.
- Open the LifeSite Vault app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap the ‘+’ icon in your action bar and select ‘Scan a Document’.
Position the camera directly over the document so that the edges of the document remain in view. Tap the capture button when you’re ready.
Follow the tips in the grey preview bar to get the best scan.
1. If your document is more than one page, keep scanning. Thumbnails of each page of your document will appear in the grey preview bar.
2. When you’re done scanning all the pages in your document, and you want to edit your scans, press ‘Edit Document’ in blue to make additional changes. If you're satisfied with the quality of your scans, tap ‘Save’ button in the lower right hand corner of the black footer, and skip to step 6.
3. From the document preview screen, you may singly edit individual scans in the carousel view or batch edit several scans at once in the thumbnail view. To alternate these views, toggle these icons in the header of the screen.
4. In editing mode, you can use these tools to correct your scans:
5. When you are done editing your document press ‘Save’ in the top right corner of your screen to save the document.
6. Here you can change the name of your document, add a comment, and choose where in your File Vault to store it. When finished, tap the blue ‘Save’ button.
Scanning from a scanner
If you are on a desktop and have digitized documents or documents that you have yet to scan, you can store your scans into LifeSite Vault. Here are the instructions:
1. Make sure your scanner is already connected to your desktop either via bluetooth or cord.
2. When you’re done scanning all the pages in your documents, the resulting file is typically stored in a desktop folder or possibly an application.
3. Locate the folder locally and then click and “drag and drop” the document directly to your File Vault on LifeSite Vault.
4. You can add the files to a specific folder in the File Vault by dragging it over the name of the category. When you see a dotted line area, it means you can release your mouse to "drop" the file in.